Hae tästä blogista

lauantai 22. huhtikuuta 2017

Mu Pori o kaunis/ My Pori is Beautiful

The first thing we see is the Rook, nesting in the nearby trees in the middle of the city Pori. A nice start for a bird watchig trip, don't you think?
The sun shines and Pori looks beautiful with all the old buildings- and the sea! I have waited for this smell, the sound of waves, the beaches, the sand... On the way to the birdwatching towers, we see some nice lighthouses and get to go on a boattrip with the Coast guard.
Kallo lighthouse

Reposaari fishing port
Reposaari
Reposaari

Next we head to the birdwatching tower in Teemuluoto. It is the biggest river delta in Scandinavia. There is already some professional looking birdwatchers when our loud group comes to the tower. They must have been happy. 

With the birdwatchers help, we spot many rare birds like  the Western Marsh and Hen Harriers, White Tailed Eagle and the Spotted Redshanks. We also hear a sound like someone blowing in a bottle which is actually the Great Bittern. In the forest the smaller bitds sing everywhere and allthough I cannot see them, I recognize some of them from the singing: Goldcrest, Brambling, Song Thrush and of course the summer singer Chaffinch. I am liking this bird watching (or listening) hobby more every day. The better when I get a picture!



We spend the night at Yyteri camping area. It feels luxury to have a shower and even sauna after the last camping trip in -34 wilderness. Also sleeping in the tent is much nicer than under a piece of canvas. I decide it is time for summer and throw away my winterfur in the lake during sauna. Feels refreshing!

On the last morning I take a walk at the beach. It is windy and sand is flying in to my eyes. The sea is restless and loud. The sound of waves empties all other thoughts. It's peaceful.



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti